Septic Tank Conversions Carried out in Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Ensure your property’s septic tank meets new regulations by contacting our dedicated team regarding an upgrade today. Here at Chirton Building Company in Trowbridge, Wiltshire, we provide a complete septic tank conversion service. For further information on the wide range of solutions we provide, please get in touch.
When a residential property has no mains drainage available, septic tanks provide the perfect solution as they allow you to dispose of sewage and wastewater in a convenient and cost-effective way.
However, new rules introduced in 2015 require some homeowners to upgrade their system to ensure it meets new regulations and standards. The Environmental Permitting Regulations 2014 came into action on 1 January 2015 and created General Binding Rules (GBRs) for septic tanks or small sewage treatment plants for domestic use.
The purpose of the new rules regarding septic tanks was to reduce the level of pollution from sewage in watercourses. Moreover, the systems can be replaced by:
- Connecting to a Mains Sewer (Where Available)
- Installing a Drainage Field (Infiltration System) So That the Septic Tank Discharges into the Ground
- Replacing the System with a Small Sewage Treatment Plant
- In Exceptional Circumstances, a Permit Can Be Applied for to Allow Discharge to Surface Water
- Septic Tank Conversion Units Can Be Used to Upgrade an Existing Surface Water Discharging Septic Tank, but a Permit is Required for This and Evidence Must Be Provided That It Will Treat to the Equivalent Standard as a Sewage Treatment Plant